Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Learning the Ropes


    Last week was registration and induction to the Grad School, Library, IT folks, Arts Centre, Humanities Building.  I finally got my student Id card - YEAH!!  However I'm still waiting for my loan to sort out my student rail pass, and the student deal for the buses in Nottingham.  I signed up for a lot of societies: Sky Diving, Swimming, Lacrosse, Food, Wine tasting, Snowboarding, Art History.  I haven't been great at attending events for these as of yet.  The last bus from Nottingham to Grantham, where I'm living, is at 8:51pm.  Early :(  So all I've done thus far is plan a sky diving trip for next weekend, and I can't wait!!  The practice schedule for Lacrosse and Swimming doesn't work out with my train schedule, so we'll see what ends up happening.

  I did go swimming on Monday this week... and it felt amazing.  First swim in over a year.  I also had my first official class: Critical Approaches to Art History and Visual Culture which has an interesting set up for each week.  Each Professor in the department takes a turn to teach within their expertise with a doctoral student.  I don't have my next class until Friday which is Art of the Moving Image.  I'm feeling really confident on campus now.  The colors are changing, and I haven't been missing the MN fall to much.  There are some really nice people in my program and I've been having fun getting to know them.



I've also been keeping an eye out for great adverts that might appear in the annual Walker Art Center British Television Awards....


My votes for the British Advertising Awards  
- Stella Artois Train Triple Filter 
- Audi Hummingbird 

More to come :)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment