Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jumping out of planes.

The past week has been wonderful!  I had a short presentation in my Art of the Moving Image class on some of Man Ray's early films.  I've been really getting into a routine during the week of reading and watching tv :p  Using the cross-trainer and swimming, but mostly sitting around reading assignments.  School thus far has been really stress-free and relaxing... I'm enjoying it while that stage lasts.

This past weekend I learned how to skydive!  I signed up for the Nottingham Skydiving Society and attended my first event.  A big group of us went to Langar Airfield and did our RAPS course and first two jumps.  I was so excited!  I met some amazing people, and had a ton of fun.  I got top marks on my static line jumps (when you jump out with a line connected to the plane that automatically deploys your parachute).  Next I get to work on dummy pulls, then my first free fall!  I'm a little surprised by how much I liked it, such an adrenaline rush.  Then it's so peaceful up there, and pretty.  I'm heading down again this weekend if the weather holds up!

If you're on facebook look for a video on my wall!





No comments:

Post a Comment