Friday, September 23, 2011

I ♥ Nottingham

This week I made a second attempt at visiting Nottingham, the first trip failed in epic proportions.  This time I made it to campus on the a city bus, and found the office I needed.  I still wasn't able to get the signature I need for a student rail card.  Apparently I'm not a "real" student until I register for classes next week.  Afterword I made a new friend on a yellow uni double-decker bus!  Shelia is from Kenya, and it was her birthday.  We had an adventure getting to the shopping area in Nottingham and then my wonderful cousin Charlie met up with us.  He gave me a very nice tour of all sorts of amazing things in Nottingham.  

Highlights:

A bar in a beautiful old church Pitcher and Piano
A small free art museum Nottingham Contemporary
A cool dinner and art house theater The Broadway

I finally felt comfortable and much less lost after he helped me.  I was also called "duckie", apparently its a term of endearment.  Charlie had to explain that one to me! ha  Next week is the official semester kick off.  Lots of meetings, fairs, and presentations to attend.  No official classes until the first week in October.


No comments:

Post a Comment