Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in England... and Paris

Happy thanksgiving all my American friends and family!  I've had a great day skyping with loved ones and being thankful that I am happy and healthy.  The big celebration this side of the pond will be a dual celebration this Saturday.  Thanksgiving and my cousin Lotty's birthday!  Fun cousins are coming down and up for the weekend and it should be a good time had by all. :)

The menu so far is a pretty traditional thanksgiving... turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sage sauce, rolls, cranberry sauce, fruit jello, and last but not lease pumpkin pie.... I'm helping make it so it should be an adventure.

In other news I've done my 5th sky dive, including my first two with a smaller new parachute (which I love, and its pink) and my first one without a radio :)  My friend Giselle and I are currently trying to find a date that works for a groupon we have to use an indoor tunnel.  Gary, the fantastic skydiving guy I'm dating, has told me the tunnel will help us with the rest of our RAPS jumps!  Soon I'll be a qualified sky diving lady.

I've also finished my second small essay, a critical review on Andrew McClellan's Art and It's Public.  Currently I'm trying to pick topics for my big essays... so many options I'm feeling a bit stuck....

Maybe my Christmas trip to Paris with my friend Elise will help!!



So far on our itinerary includes:


Christmas Market
Ice skating under the Eiffel Tower
The light display on Champs-Elysees
Christmas Mass at Norte Dame 
And hopefully a delightful Christmas Dinner

My wonderful friend Lucie and her family are helping me celebrate Boxing Day on my return to London the 26 of December.  Can you believe its already December next weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment