Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Battles, Studios, Studying....

The past weekend was great!  I went down to London for an event at the Royal College of Art in the Kensington area.

I went to some amazing sessions about being an artist, and creativity.  There were loads of interesting presenters and lots of intense debate between audience members.  I was able to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum and wander for a few hours (which you need, the place is MASSIVE).  Sunday there was a great film about Sylvia Pankhurst, and some semi-interesting debates about Urban Decay and Internships as modern day slavery.  Friday night I also got to see my cousin Jamie DJ.  Before I left on Monday I did a very quick walk around the Tate Modern before my train back to Nottingham.  All in all a great weekend! 

Yesterday I met up with my friend Giselle for some vintage shopping in Nottingham.  Very good times!  It's been so nice to connect with people and explore.  Giselle is a fellow skydiver and a very lovely friend. :)

Today I attended a free workshop with the resident artist at the Lakeside Arts Centre on campus.

Nadim Chaudry 

We learned some really interesting Japanese fabric manipulation/sculptural techniques, as well as some smocking techniques.  I'm still finishing mine up so pictures will come soon.

Studying... ahhh I have two papers due in 13 days.  I've picked subjects but not really started to get "stuck in" to my research and writing.  We have a "reading week" next week with no official class meetings so I should have loads of time right?!  I'm feeling very relaxed about school in general, perhaps I need to amp it up... We'll see. :p

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment