Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sad Camera.... Happy Christine

I have safely arrived in England and properly celebrated with my British family!  It was a nice flight from Minneapolis to Iceland.  By nice I mean long and sleepless, but comfortable.  Iceland is really interesting and I would have loved to post pictures of my trip to the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa.  BUT I forgot to pack my camera card reader :(  So photos will have to wait until I can track down a reader.  The pool was amazing!  It was all foggy when we arrived at 10, parts are warmer than others as you walk around.  There was very cool silica mud to put on your face and body as a mask.  I couldn't get in for a massage but had a great time floating around and getting a drink at the bar in the pool.  I met a very nice new friend from Australia who is moving to London for a few years.  Hopefully I can visit her once I am settled.  It was a very relaxing 4 hours before I had to head to the airport for my flight from Reykjavik to London.  That flight went by very fast, sleeping on and off.  Once we landed and I finished waiting for customs to stamp my passport I met up with Malcolm, Trisha and Katie and drove to my new home in Grantham.  

Tomorrow is all about setting up my new life - bank account, cell phone, shampoo and conditioner and other toiletries - all the essentials. 

More later!

1 comment:

  1. The spa sounds amazing - can't wait to see photos here and on the fb

    ReplyDelete