Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stamford, Peterborough, Sushi, and Bluemoon

This past weekend was super fun!  Gary and I went to see Stamford, which is a very beautiful old English town.  The architecture and cute antique shops were so much fun.  Parts of my favorite movie Pride and Prejudice were filmed there too!  We walked a bit on the grounds of the Burghley estate as well.


Gary also showed me around part of Peterborough.  There is a very large and beautiful church there.  The weather wasn't great for skydiving so we went into Nottingham and had some yummy sushi at Yo Sushi.  Then I found the GREATEST discovery yet in England.

Why they have Blue Moon (my FAVORITE beer) in England I don't know... But I was nearly jumping up and down with excitement to find it there AND on TAP. Amazing


This weekend my family comes!!  I can't wait to do all the things we've planned! So far we have plans to see:

Bath
 
Field of Lights by Bruce Munro
And the Bath Fashion Museum

Hereford
Nottingham

The University of Nottingham Campus         
And The oldest Bar in England

Grantham
London
 
The play Woman in Black 
Sarastro Restaurant


I'm off to research for my two big 5,000 word essays..... Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment